Wyeman

• (Anonymously) (Private)
    2 years 1 month ago
    Sunlit Oaks
    Great photograph
    • (Anonymously) (Private)
      2 years 1 month ago
      looks like you forgot to LogOn
  • Chris Hodgson (Private)
    2 years 3 months ago
    This is a mix of intake years. I was a 1957 intake as were a number of others, and Jim Bath for example was earlier, I believe '56. Stan Smith and myself, plus two other not in the photo, spent our first year of basic skills at Woolwich Arsenal !! No riveting for example, nothing aircraft related. A re-union was held today, 8thSep at Farnborough, Cody Pavilion.
  • Dave Evans (Private)
    2 years 5 months ago
    The Apprentices
    I was an MOD apprentice at ROF Radway Green from 1957 to 1962, BOAC  apprentices used to make their tools for a year then return to Heathrow to complete their training.
    Names that I remember were Tony Frith Alan Jacob, Ken Best ( He became Superintendent of Cranebank  Simulators)
    Colin Leader,Colin Firth, Dave Harrison + others whose names I forget.
    If anyone is still out there please contact

• Wyeman Premium user United Kingdom (Private)
      2 years 5 months ago
      • Dave Evans (Private)
        2 years 5 months ago
        Dear Peter
        You seem to have linked me back to the original pictures. Do you have any info on Dave Harrison, Ray Vivian, Tony Frith, Ken Best, Colin Leader, Colin Firth or any other of the BOAC Apprentices who spent their 1st year at ROF Radway Green staying at Milton House in Alsager nr Stoke on Trent.
        Thank you in advance for your co-operation in this matter.
        Regards Dave Evans
        • Wyeman Premium user United Kingdom (Private)
          2 years 5 months ago
          Dave - I was pointing you to the image that has all the names on it.
          I'm afraid I don't have contact with any of the names you're looking for, sorry about that.
          I wish you all the best.
          Pete
          • Dave Evans (Private)
            2 years 5 months ago
            Pete
            Thank you for replying, I shall just have to hope that someone somewhere will see the pictures and comments and gets in touch.
            Best Wishes